Sunday, September 14, 2008

My 17th Birthday

17 years ago from September 12 I was born into this world. At that time the world became a much better place. Mom invited Heather and Jared over to breakfast at 6:30 a.m. before I went to school so I figured that I would set my alarm for 6:10 and get up and take a shower and be showered and stuff by 6:30. Um yeah I woke up for about 7 seconds just to turn off my alarm and roll over and go back to sleep. So I learned that being 17 didn't mean it was any easier to get up when my alarm went off. So this is what I came downstairs to find when i finally got up and got in and out of the shower...


...Dad drinking his milk and Heather and Jared looking really really happy to be up and at 'em this early in the morning. So after the muffled singing of "Happy Birthday" I got to open up a singular present before I left for an exciting day at school.

I had to stop and admire the time and effort Mom put into wrapping my present. ;)





A longboard!

Me and Jared showing off our mad skills in the kitchen!


At dinner that night we had tacos! Delicious! After dinner it was time for presents. Kallie thought she was hilarious with her idea. Look at the contrast between my reaction and her reaction.




She had gotten me a helmet for me to wear on my longboard while I rode it. Little did I know that it was just a gag gift and so I was very grateful for it after I got over the initial shock of things. But then she just lost it and started laughing. I have not seen her laugh that hard for a long, long time.


But then I really got a green striped shirt, a windshield sun blocker, sunglasses holder for a car, and an air freshener for a car. So needless to say I was kinda hoping that I was going to get a car but that didn't happen. Then I got a sweet RUN DMC shirt from Heather and Jared along with some Laffy Taffy's.


After dinner we all went outside and we were going to watch me and Jared ride our longboards



which looks like it didn't work because I am the one standing with everyone while McKay is riding my board and Jared is riding his.


Everything worked out and I had a great birthday!!! Thanks everyone!!!


3 comments:

Owen said...

Ok, first of all I am laughing histerically right now because it is true, the world became a much better place when you came into it!! Not only do Heather and Jared looked extra thrilled to be up, Dad's hair is also telling tales of his wrestle with the pillow! Mom's wrapping is starting to resemble Uncle Cliff's in a way wouldn't you say? I love that you got a bunch of car accesories...but no car!! Hahaha!! You do realize I owned the first Run DMC shirt in the family right? We can wear them on the same day when I'm up there in a few weeks, cool? Ahhhh how you make me miss being in Utah Timothy.....Happy Bday brotha!

McKay and Kallie said...

So funny! Just wait until the video is posted on my blog to show the true feelings of the helmet! hehehehe! And the helmet was McKay's idea.

Heather said...

Hello...I didn't know that you put a nasty picture of me on your blog! but we had tons o' fun on your bday. we love you and we're so proud of you!